- How do you use stiff in a sentence?
- What is the root word of STIF?
- What is the meaning of stiff collar?
- What are some common phrases in English?
- What are some common phrases to use at work?
- What are some common phrases and exclamations in English?
- How many common English phrases do native English speakers use?
- What is the root word of STIF?
- What is a good sentence for Stiff?
- What is a synonym for Stiff?
- What is the meaning of stiff body?
- What does STIF stand for?
- What is another word for Stiff?
- What are short-term investment funds (STIF)?
- What is scared stiff?
- What is a stiff standing collar?
- What does collar mean in English?
- What is a clerical collar?
- What is a portrait collar on a shirt?
How do you use stiff in a sentence?
A stiff wind was blowing outside, shaking the branches of the trees. stiff adjadjective: Describes a noun or pronoun--for example, a tall girl, an interesting book, a big house..
What is the root word of STIF?
Send us feedback . Middle English stif, from Old English stīf; akin to Middle Dutch stijf stiff, Latin stipare to press together, Greek steibein to tread on Our team at Reviews by Merriam-Webster has selected the best massage chairs.
What is the meaning of stiff collar?
1. rigid or firm; difficult or impossible to bend or flex: a stiff collar. 2. not moving or working easily. 3. (of a person or animal) not supple; moving with difficulty, as from cold, age, etc.
What are some common phrases in English?
Common Phrases In English. 1. A Chip on Your Shoulder. Being angry about something that happened in the past; holding a grudge. 2. A Dime a Dozen. When something is extremely common and/or simple to acquire. 3. A Fool and His Money Are Soon Parted. Someone acting foolish with their money can easily ...
What are some common phrases to use at work?
Finally, here are seven basic phrases you might use at a job. 34. How can I help you? If you work in customer service, you will use this phrase a lot. It is also a common phrase when answering the phone. [On the phone]: Hello, this is Rebecca speaking. How can I help you? 35.
What are some common phrases and exclamations in English?
Below is a list of phrases and exclamations, many of which are particularly common in American English. These expressions are mainly used in spoken English, however, so you should avoid using them in your written English! 1. (I’d) better get on my horse It’s time to leave.
How many common English phrases do native English speakers use?
80 Common English Phrases native English Speakers use! In the English Vocabulary lesson, you will learn 80 common English Phrases.
What does STIF stand for?
Acronym Definition STIF Scientific & Technical Information Facil ... STIF Short Term Investment Fund STIF Sexually Transmitted Infections Foundati ... STIF State Transport Infrastructure Fund (Cze ... 2 more rows ...
What is another word for Stiff?
See more synonyms for stiff on Thesaurus.com. adjective, stiff·er, stiff·est. rigid or firm; difficult or impossible to bend or flex: a stiff collar.
What are short-term investment funds (STIF)?
Short-term investment funds are usually high quality with low risk. STIFs are the most conservative types of investments on the market. These funds are known for liquidity. Short-term investment funds are also generally considered to be liquid investments.
What is scared stiff?
Were scared stiff. Slang. to fail or refuse to tip (a waiter, porter, etc.). Slang. to cheat; gyp; do out of: The company stiffed me out of a weeks pay.